" danger hat: Rundown

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rundown

I've been training at the main library branch this week, which is good because I'm learning a lot--but is also crazy stressful for me because I haven't instantly memorized all of the computer commands. I really really hate not being good at things, especially when I feel like I'm being scrutinized which brings me to...

WFTDA testing. We've been doing WFTDA testing all this week at derby practice which is not great because a) it means I don't really get in the he exercise I'd like to and b) I stress out because people are making marks about me. I think I've done well so far, and actually it doesn't really count toward anything, it's just a general review of skills that need to be improved over all, but I still get cranky that I'm not perfect (for example I two foot jumped over a pathetic little broom instead of a giant barrier thingy because I was afraid of breaking my butt--which one of the skaters actually did). Tonight is some of the more difficult stuff like speed and checking, but I'm not all that worried about these either except that once I become the focal point my stomach will once again go all goofy.
I'm really glad to have my team, because I feel much more a part of everything--I got headshots taken on Tues, have shirts for my uniform, etc. And I can get really nervous about bouting the Bullies on July 16th (they are only 1-2, but I think they are far more badass than their record shows)

Tomorrow we move into our townhouse in the GV, I'm excited and a little nervous that our furniture won't fit as we are losing a lot of square footage in the name of adorable.

Also I've been neglecting the blog because of our new (I say our, really it's Ryan's) DS Lite which is honestly better than a baby or pet. Mostly we play these tests that are full of brain agility puzzles, which I find bizarrely entertaining--and even more entertaining to compete against Ryan at. I've always thought he was quite a bit smarter than me, so it's fun to know I'm better at some things like memorization, etc.

This library thing is going to save me tons of money (and space!), as I can request just about anything and have it delivered to work. I don't know why the concept of free never sunk into my repetoire before this, as I have spent my fortune on books.

I'm still trying to decide what to study/do with my life. I'm starting to think a degree in education may be advantageous--but I am still drawn to the idea of art school (even after seeing Art School Confidential) or studying culture and history. I wish I lived in one of those Iron Curtain countries that assigned positions, because while I appreciate my freedom of thought/choice/whatever--it's really the primary source of weird stress in my life. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home