" danger hat: Answers

Friday, June 02, 2006

Answers

1 Ryan and I say, "I hate them" whenever we see this delectable dessert...
ANSWER: c) Cream Puff

Apparently not enough of you have seen one of the finest films to ever be, um, filmed. The Impostors featuring Stanley Tucci and the always delicious Oliver Platt features a scene in which Mr. Platt shoves an entire puff in his mouth and says the epic line, "I hate them." Seriously this is a fantastic movie, especially if you enjoy broad shipboard farce featuring a variety of swell actors including Campbell Scott, Hope Davis, Lili Taylor, Allison Janney, etc...

2) Prior to derby, what sport did I schedule my life around?
ANSWER: a) Swimming

Yup, I was good too. After coming home in tears from my first practice because I sucked so much, I persisted and became one of the better swimmers in my age group in the region. But after a few false starts (not literally) I finally quit after my sophomore year of high school mostly because it conflicted with the National Forensics League (geek).

3) My Grandma Doris and I both favor the same mixed drink. Which is it?
ANSWER: b) Manhattan

Whiskey and vermouth with a cherry garnish makes me an incredibly lovely girl. Apparently it had the same effect on my grandma in her heyday. Love the whiskey and soda too, but mostly because Manhattans are just too costly too drink on a regular basis (upwards of $7 to have it made with the right booze).

4) I met my husband in which high school course...
ANSWER: c) Honors World History

It was actually a sophomore class but Ryan had transferred in having taken the government course scheduled for junior year, therefore he had to pick up the WH requirement with the young'ns. We spent many lunch periods together outside the class because we were both transfers and barely knew anyone. Swoon.

5) Which esteemed profession have I NOT portrayed on stage...
ANSWER: d) prostitute

I have never played a lady of the night despite their prevalence in stage plays. Both the telephone operator and reporter were encompassed in my auspicious role as F2 in 'Machinal,' and I played a waitress the year before in 'Fun.'

6) If I could turn into any of the characters I've dressed up as for Halloween I would select...
ANSWER: d) Suzanne Pleshette in the Birds

Slim pickens for the good life among my 10/31 alter egos. I know she gets pecked to death by birds, but if I could look and sound like her even for an hour I think I'd embrace that fate. Rawr.

7) Right now, at this very minute, my mouth tastes like...
ANSWER: c) coffee

Whiskey often a good bet, but almost every night Ryan and I take a stroll to Cup O Joes to get a giant Rice Krispy treat and caffeine. He still passes out around 11, whereas I seem to be drug into the wee hours of the morning by my intake. But I just can't say no.

8) On a scale of entertaining I rank myself at...
ANSWER: c) Christopher Guest movie

I think this may have been one of the trickier questions. My enormously low self-esteem might have led even me to believe that I am no more entertaining than the snoozefest of a golf video game. However, while I assume most consider me dull as dry toast, I find myself to be vastly amusing. However I do not reach the Silverman level as I'm not 'edgy' or 'sadistic' nor do I have one of the best voices ever, so I have to settle with being weird and random like the Six-Fingered Man's mockumentaries.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

The Christopher Guest movie may have been the only question I got right!

Never worry about being boring. Anyone who thinks that, is not paying enough attention. Those that pay attention, are rewarded.

At least, that's what I tell myself....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home