" danger hat: We're here!

Friday, April 21, 2006

We're here!

Well, hello Columbus. We arrived on your gleaming doorstep last night. I haven't seen much of you yet, only the Kroger, and the parking garage, and the temp apartment full of my nemesis, beige carpet; but you are my new home, and I promise you I will try to be positive and buoyant until you give me significant reason not to. I cut my bangs, short and thick so you you might see my face and we might become acquainted more quickly. Oh Columbus, you are my arranged marriage, my unknown bride hidden beneath a veil. I'm sure you have warts, as I too bring my share of flaws to the altar, but I will do my best to embrace you for all you're worth.

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger sarahkate said...

We didn't get to say goodbye. I feel like I spent the last three months getting to know you better, only to have you ripped from my clutches. We are now friends in the blogoverse only, for the time being. That is, until my rollergirls come kick your rollergirls' asses. Email me with your address, I have some things I'd like to send you.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Hurrah! Good to know you made it. Enjoy yourself!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Ted Carter said...

Welcome Home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home