" danger hat: Sap

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sap

Fuck the rollergirls and fuck Ken. Fuck all of them for making me love them so much.

Today's practice took me to the brink and over the brink of my physical capabilities. But as I was floundering on the floor, my only thoughts were, "Breathe, breathe, breathe" and "I need to start working out every damn day because I am not as strong as I am going to be."

I got to jam through a group of tough ladies. I am amazed at my persistence. I kept pounding until I got through, even though it was hard, even though it took the better part of a lap, even though as I started to pass the last girl, I got smashed into the boards and felt my knee give ever so slightly as I hit the floor.

I am not near the best rollergirl out there. I am weak, I am out of breath, but my whole heart is in it and I give to the last drop. And I have never loved myself more because of it. I want to be so much better than I am right now, and I'm so much better than I was two weeks ago.

I'm so upset I have to leave my team. I know there's another waiting, but I swear the ladies I skate with now are some of the smartest, hardest chicks I've ever known. I thought the Amazons were a myth, but now I know better, because I roll with them.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger sarahkate said...

and fuck you for making me cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home