" danger hat: The Ol' P&V

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Ol' P&V

Nothing too new to report. Ryan and I are heading out to Columbus this weekend to check things out, but he's honestly accepting the offer in about a week. I have cardboard boxes in the back of my car. We're moving. I'm actually a little excited, the more I look at it the more Columbus seems kinda cool and while I'll miss my friends here there's no guarantee that any of them will be here in five years. And who knows, maybe I'll be back, or somewhere else. My only real concern at this point (and stop me if you've heard this one) is that I will miss the roller derby season because recruitment will have closed by the time I'm actually up there. I've been trying to separate my heart from it a little, but then Coach Ken comes back last night and kicks everybody's ass and I'm head over heels all over again. Also I went to a meeting at Sarah Kate's last night and out of my mouth shoots all this knowledge of derby, I've been spending so much time researching and reading and watching and practicing that I can't imagine ever giving it up.

I need to learn how to block better though.

Also, I may be sharing a booth with one of Ryan's friends (Ryan actually) at the Chicago Comic Con this summer. That is IF I finish my stuff and If he still wants to sit next to me once he sees it and IF nothing falls through. But it's a good goal. I think I'm going to waver a bit here and return Mostly Tish and Clyde back to its original comic format. I was going to novel it up, but so much of the weirdness and sentiment that I have planned for it is visual, so I'll just have to go buy some good markers and hunker down and draw (and not tear them up).

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Ted Carter said...

You could always take out enough members of a team that they'd have no choice but to bring in someone after the season's started...

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger sarahkate said...

The Copics (Available over at megatokyo's megastore) are my fave comix drawin' markers. Pricey, but worth it.
And we will miss you, but I'll make all the girls read your blog, so they never forget how easy they got off. In time, you would have killed them all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home