" danger hat: Re-sult!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Re-sult!

I finally feel like I'm getting better at the derby thing, all around. Mostly where I'm feeling it is endurance. I'm not the fastest, but I can give to the end. This is not to say I am anywhere near top tier, but it's nice to finally feel a sense of progress. My shoulder feels like it's about to pop off due to all the hits I took/gave tonight. Yum.
Not much to report otherwise. My house is a mess as usual. I'm still funked out career planning-wise (it's pretty much just a day to day thing at this point). I've dropped some lazy depression weight, so now I can stop freaking out about that. I have a constant running dialogue/story in my head, so sooner or later it's going to emerge like Athena from my brain--fully formed and perfect. Which sounds like sarcasm, except that seems to be my writing process. Struggle struggle struggle with the white paper, and then Kaboom! it all aligns itself.
I am missing my family. And Sarah Kate went and posted pics of J & D on her site so now I'm missing them too. I've marked time by the length of their hair for so long, it's weird to see such a tuft atop J's head. I feel as thought I've lost months. I'm also making friends, but of a pretty superficial nature. Which is fine, because it's easier and what I wanted, but I also sort of feel like I'm not working hard enough at the social thing. Like that's somehow a requirement of moving to a new city.
Sorry for the scattershot post, but now Green Wing is on, so no time to clean things up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home