" danger hat: How I Met Your Former Castmates

Friday, December 29, 2006

How I Met Your Former Castmates

Ryan and I fell into a holiday/vacation coma last night and this morning. To entertain our overfed bodies and over-relatived minds we popped in 'How I Met Your Mother' a show we've both been meaning to watch since the previews showed Alyson Hannigan donning an eye patch (frankly the whole thing gives me an erection). It's light fare and sadly proscenium/laugh track sitcom style, but it does feature Ms. Hannigan, Jason Segel (from Freaks and F'ing Geeks), and Neil Patrick Harris ('Can't Buy Beer, Can Prescribe Drugs'). There's also two charming, if actory actors who round out the group of friends (a Jimmy Fallon-esque fella as the I in the title; and a pretty Canadian who despite her own merits I want desperately to be Jaye from 'Wonderfalls'). It's not GOOD, but it is good and funny and I feel like I can relate to this group of friends 1000% more than their nineties counterparts. But the bestest of all are the guest spots by the likes of Ms. Hannigan and Mr. Segel's former costars--I don't care what they're doing it's always nice to see Haverchuck, Wesley Windham Pryce (with his propesterous American accent, I know you're my countryman but I still refuse to believe it you stinkin' limey), Neil Schweiber, and Winifred Burkle. Also Marshmallow and Lillypad (the Segel and Hannigan characters) have some in common with this fried and stuffed couple, and Doogie's stinkin' hilarious in the best role on the show. It's easy, it's breezy, eat it up with a spoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home