" danger hat: P&V, out of order AGAIN

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

P&V, out of order AGAIN

I'm a cranky fool.
Granted I'm working on little to no sleep due to a 5am call for an ARRG! spot on KMOV. Yes, that's right I was skating pre-dawn today. I'm dedicated.

On that note. Ohio. Yep, it's gonna be Ohio. And it's gonna be fast (next coupla months). Driving home from the television shoot this morning I started noticing St. Louis more than I have in awhile and I realized just how much I'm going to have to say goodbye to. I snuck through Forest Park to avoid morning traffic, and it was just so beautiful with its newly revamped pathways and pretty architecture. And I'm going to have to say goodbye to Imo's pizza and Ted Drewes and Fritz's and Blueberry Hill and Pasta House salad. I'm going to have to say goodbye to knowing how to find my way around if I make a wrong turn. And I cannot believe I have to say goodbye to my rollergirls. Everybody is just getting so talented and the mix of personalities is starting to get interesting and now I've got to go. I mean look at how much fun I'm having:



When Ryan went away to NYU he told me a quote (from Gattaca of all places), "You try to get away from a place all your life, and when you finally get to, you find a reason to stay." I've always looked forward to exploring the nooks and crannies of the world (granted Columbus wasn't the first or the hundredth on the list) but now that I'm faced with the opportunity to leave I can't bear to part with my hometown.
But, I've decided my upcoming twenty-fifth year is going to be all about things I've always wanted to do but have been too afraid to try. Among potential adventures: getting a tattoo, going to Vegas, trying to break into freelance writing/communications sans degree, um, talking to strangers, and now moving from my beloved STL. I've been angsty about the town in the past, sure, but that was before I was in control of my life within its boundaries. Glargity glarg. I'm a mess.
Ryan of course, being Ryan, has been internet house-hunting. In his search he came across the building John Glenn resides (resided?)in and is head over heels for the idea of living there. Oh, Ryan. You're such a Ryan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home