" danger hat: O' Piss O' Vinegar

Friday, February 03, 2006

O' Piss O' Vinegar

Witness:

One friend sends me a notebook full up with a story written for me ten years ago.
Another friend sends me an e-mail that gives me hope we will be able remold our crumbled friendship.
I spend most of the day being mean to my friend at work on her last day so that she won't cry. It doesn't work.
I stand on wheels with dozens of other girls. We all heave from exertion as we stumble on our second feet and laugh at our clumsiness.
I run into a girl I knew long ago, and we share rides to the rink and stories we never knew about each other.
I send a friend in glasses an e-mail describing her, and she sends me a sweet one back.


It's an ebb and flow, I guess, this friendship thing.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ted Carter said...

Better than the still waters of loneliness any day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home