" danger hat: Who died?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Who died?

I wish that I had heard my phone ring because I missed a call from Pippi (the Take-Outs' captain) telling me that I'm one of two alternates for the Minnesota travel team. Which is just just so unbelievable that I want to ask her who died and made me alternate? Seriously, I love derby but the competition in my league is stiff. Part of the selection was based on availability for the bout date, but even within those limitations--still stiff competition for a newbie who perfers snickerdoodles to morning runs. All I know is I've been relieved of any cop-outs to my 'make yourself a derby hardass this winter' plan. I gotta practice now, for if one of my derby sisters should for any reason be unable to perform her duties, I need to be able to step in (and that actually means something in the land of broken tailbones and shattered ankles). Sweet fancy moses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home