" danger hat: Recap

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Recap

I never realized how many thumps the house has. I think I catalogued them when we first moved here during the first nights when I couldn't sleep, and then stuffed cotton in my ears every night thereafter. Or maybe it's Ryan's snoring that muffles them so. Anyway, this house rattles from soup to nuts. Some of the rattles are very loud bangs, the sorts of bangs that make you pop up into ready stance while reading a book. Twice. It's sort of like living in a dream where you are being followed by something, but you don't know quite what. It is always at the edges of your periphery lurking. It is unnerving.
I actually got some things done today, the most important of which is a calendar scheduling my activity (loosely) from here mid to late April. I haven't assigned myself but one or two tasks a day, but I think accomplishing these tasks will help me feel like less of a slug.
Still thinking up new derby names. I am trying to veer away from the punny ones and stick with images that I think are powerful: Still like Firebird and Tarantula, also Powder Keg and am playing with the images of fuses, volcanoes, etc (I like fire).
If I had any balls at all I'd go with two of Ryan's suggestions that have been cracking me up all night:
Twatsky
&
Rock You Like a Hurricane.
Sadly I'm just not woman enough to claim them.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Ted Carter said...

You know, I was just going to read the comments; I didn't have anything interesting to say, but then I saw that the "Word Verification" word was:

"woooe"

What a great word. Isn't that the sound you make when you are riding down a very steep hill in a shopping cart?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger sarahkate said...

hee ehe hee. twatsky. hee hee. twatsky. hee hee hee. I hate you. ehe hee hee. see you at practice? hee ehe hee
twatsky. eh hee ehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home