" danger hat: Venom: The Echo Wedding

Friday, November 18, 2005

Venom: The Echo Wedding

So, if you're familiar with this blog you might be familiar with a post entitled, "Drunk at Wedding." If you're new, please read the entry from 10/29. Don't worry, I'll wait for you.

Tonight Ryan and I went to a second event, a "fiesta" for the bride and groom. We really didn't know what to expect. Turned out to be another reception, complete with dancing, buffet, and my nemesis... The Open Bar. But a margarita and a half doesn't a drunk April make, so this will not be another stream of woe. I thought it would be, especially since the kids from Chicago who helped me get through the last event were very much, um, in Chicago. Oh and the girl from grade school was there (but not the Ecstacy couple). But in general it was fun until my fun-stunting migraine swelled to unbearable proportions due to camera flashes and a loud band. So now we' re home instead of lining up for the Love Shack.

Anyway, I really was counting on tonight being a huge suckfest, but it wasn't and now I have little to moan about beside the little man drilling hole in my brain behind my right eye. So in the spirit of things that don't suck I have a short list of things that really really don't suck:

1. Birth Control (I was always afraid, but it is like manna from heaven. No more debilitating cramps, hormonal protection against reproduction, and no having to rush to hide used condom wrappers when guests come over. It's a win win win)

2. Two-Day Work Week. The only time my job doesn't totally suck is around the holidays. I'm used to hoofing it in the retail world, where holidays mean you have to work and eat shit from all the people who don't have anything better to do. But when you work for a college, it's suddenly, "In observance of Arbor Day the campus will be closed from Wednesday to the following Monday, oh and Tuesday can be half day because of all your hard work." And I still get paid! It's totally brilliant.

3.The Bush White House in decline. I naturally play devil's advocate and since most folks in my circle (besides old hubby bear) lean left, I had been trying to take an even view of things. I disagreed with the war and the education plans, and actually most Bush policy in general but I could never quite get up to the "evil" level of fervor that my anti-Bush buds could despite the fact that there was something icky in my tummy. I figured it was just all the God stuff. So it actually has come as relief to have some evidence of the ick.

4. Peanut butter on a bagel and coffee. If anybody ever finds the body and I'm put on death row, this is my last meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home