" danger hat: Resolve by Insomnia

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Resolve by Insomnia

To encourage regular posting while also directing myself away from my navel gazing self-pity, I have decided to institute a schedule for this blog. So mote it be:

Monday: The Danger Hat Society
This idea was originally intended to be fleshed out during the annual Labor Day weekend "3-Day Novel Writing Contest" but as I was planning a wedding and also going down the mental crapper at the time, I thought it might be better to put it on hold. So now I bring it to you in serialized format each Monday. Easier said than done? You betcha.

Wednesday: Ephemera
Lists, doodles, vignettes etc... In other words, stuff I think is brilliant and hilarious that no one else cares about. Posting it on the web legitimizes it and makes me believe that there is a separate April out there who thinks and snorts about the same things I do. We'd be such good friends if only we could be in the same room, but, alas our love must remain in HTML.

Friday: Venom
Because there's no stopping a good thing, a weekly installment of gorgeous self-mutilation and pathetic overanalysis.

Saturday: The April and Ryan Show
This one may take awhile to get started, but a glimpse into the burgeoning comic strip that's stewing in my brain. What use is a super-geeky husband if you can't poke fun? Also the world loves those sweet slice of life comics like "Hi and Lois" and "Family Circus," so why can't I profit off my sweet slice of life? Also, it will never happen.

The schedule is in no way a guarantee that I will provide any of the above. Like most people I know, I am painfully ambitious with no follow through. It is however a 75% guarantee that I will abandon this blog and increase the chance of a slow death by Sinex and Orbit Gum (I've moved from Bubblemint to Citrusmint, it's like Florida in my mouth!). Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home