" danger hat: So I will ramble...

Friday, July 08, 2005

So I will ramble...

The wedding thing is starting to occupy my brain full time which is curious since it previously occupied about five percent, and previous to engagement really had little substantial presence at all. The effort to make it interesting for myself and others has really taken a backseat to a "Get this done!" sort of mentality. This line of thinking leads to a perilous analogy to my life. I've tried with all my might to fashion life into something beautiful and challenging and unique, but such effort is often too exhausting. Instead I get caught up in the, "Get this done!" mentality which means in so many ways that parameters and guidelines set up by previous generations are the foundation I'm building things on. I may not be using Wagner to sahshay down the aisle, but I will be sashaying down an aisle. I may not be a college graduate, but I am working a nine to five-style job at a university all while buying into the house/car/husband paradigm that I once mocked. Sometimes life is easier inside the game, and my willingness to accept this is terrifying me.
I find myself staring off into space a lot lately, and drifting away from the group. I say all of this now, but in two weeks you'll find me covered in ink again tapping out new stories and living inside my imagination.

I think thoughts like this are why whiskey, coffee, and film exist. A few cooling salves to ease the chafes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home